Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Kleancolor Swatches - Post #1



Hello, hello!

It took me forever to do this entry and it was because: A) I was procrastinating it and B) because my Photoshop (and every other Adobe program) decided to stop working so I didn't have a way to watermark and edit the pictures. I'm using the App "Line Camera" on my tablet and even if it isn't perfect, it's better than nothing (you should try it. It's really good for editing pictures).

Also, I wanted to do all the swatches first from this batch so that way I'll just do one post with the four polishes.

Ok, so let's start!





As the title says, I have some polishes from Kleancolors. I have to say that love that brand and everytime I go shopping, it's the first one I look for. It's cheap, the polishes are really good and they have a huge variety of colours and types of polishes.



(I made a mistake when I was painting the border of one of my nails so I ended painting the underside too. That's why they look so dark lol).





The first one is #109 "Green Grass". It's a really pure green colour (the lighting doesn't make any justice) and I thought it would be amazing for stamping when I bought it (since most of the polishes from this brand are good for stamping) but it let me down. It's not as opaque as it looks on the bottle. With two coats you can still see the tips of my nails, faintly, but you can see them. But it's shiny, pretty and it dried fast so there aren't complains from my part.



 


The second polish is #114, "Mermaid". Another really pretty polish, shimmery this time, that looks blue-ish/green-ish depending of the light or angle you look at it. Sometimes it looks a pale grey or pearl white too. I really liked this one, despite the fact that is incredibly sheer, as you can see. Two coats and you can see the tip of my nails even more than with "Green Grass". 

I'm not a fan of pearly polishes, but as a base for an stamping design (sea related because, as it is called, it really reminds me of mermaids and the sea), I'm sure this one will look amazing. 





Next one is my favorite of this lot, #78 "Angel Red". It's such a stunning shade of red, and incredibly opaque and shinny. That's just one coat, without top coat on and you can see how gorgeous it is. It looks like a cream polish but it has a metallic shine given the formula has an extremely fine glitter on it. It dried fast, too. I'm telling you, I'm in love with this one.





The last one is #110, "Moondance". It's a metallic black with a gold shimmer and iridiscent glitter. They have another polish very similar to this one, #168 "Metallic Black" that has a silver shimmer instead of golden and doesn't have glittler on it. 

I wanted to see it the polish would look different on top of another one so I painted my ring finger a cream black and applied one coat of Moondance over it. And even if it doesn't look that different, it looks a little bit darker. Down side is that with one coat of Moondance you don't get enough glitter on it. 

And that's what I didn't like about this polish; that the glittler is so sparce while applying it and that it doesn't shine as much as you would like. Today I learned a tip from Stiletto, that would make the glittler shine a little bit more. Soak a papel handkerchief or a cotton ball in acetone or nail polish remover and quicly and lightly brush it over the surface of the nail. I'll try that next time!

All in all, it's a nice polish and it looked really good on my nails. 

Well, that's everything my part this time. There are more pictures of the first three polishes so I'll update later to add them. 

Hugs, kisses and cookies for you all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment