Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Kleancolor Swatches - Post #2

Hello!



At the end of last month I went shopping for a Nail Polish Thinner and couldn't help but get my hands on these polishes. The first time I saw Kleancolors Matte polishes I couldn't buy them but, despite the fact that I have a Matte Top Coat and can turn any polish or design into matte, I wanted to try them.

Without further ado, let's start with the swatches!






Sorry for the mess on this picture. That time I painted my nails almost in the dark and in a rush, that's the reason for the mess. Also, it didn't last much on my nails so this is the only picture I have of this polish.

Anyway, this one is #276 "Just like Juliet", a gorgeous metallic matte purple polish. I really liked the texture of it and how it made my nails looks kind of plastic. It was really matte, too, and for the time I had it on, it didn't chip, not even in the corners.

What's amazing about this polish is that it looks even better with a glossy finish.


Next one is another matte polish, but this time "opaque". This is #260 "Sensual Lagoon", a polish that looks completely different in the bottle than what it does on the nails, as you can see. 


In the bottle it looks like a medium teal colour, but on the nails have more like a dark tint to it. Sometimes it looked a little bit on the blue side, and others, depending of the light, it looked more green than teal. It reminded me of green boards and chalks and made me wish for a good white striper polish.


All in all, it looked really good on my nails, even if it dissapointed me with the colour. I was expecting something a little bit lighter in colour. Also, it started chipping the same day, and that's coming from someone extremely careful with her nails. I had to apply a coat of matte top coat and still, it kept chipping like nothing.



What I really disliked about the polish was that when I removed it, some of my nails were peeling. And that shouldn't happened given the fact that I always use basecoat. A good one at that, So I think it's something related to the formula of this particular polish, since it haven't happened to me in the past with this (or any other, for that matters) brand.

And now, our last swatch.


As you can see in the picture, this one is #130, "Starry Meteor" and I have to admit it's my favorite from the three.

I love how glitter polishes look on the nails (even if I hate with all my heart removing them) and this one doesn't dissapoint.



This is a shiny polish with a fine pale golden glitter base, some iridiscent bars and a few green glitter. I couldn't take my eyes of my nails, so shiny and sparkly they were.


Even if you can see the tips of my nails on certain angles, the glitter base of the polish made it look more opaque than it was.



You can see the iridescence of the polish on this picture.


(I like it so much I made too many pictures, on different lights. I'm sorry?).


My favorite thing about this polish? How easy it was to remove it. It surprised me how fast and with how little effort I took it off. I don't know if it's a quality of the glitter polishes of this brand or the fact that the green glitter was so sparse that it didn't opposed much resistance to the nail polish remover. 

The point is, it was easier to remove that "Just like Juliet" and that turns it inmediately into that glitter polish I'll be using a lot. 

Phew, long post is long. 

This is everything from my part. Next post is going to be about the nail design I have right now on my nails. 

Hugs, kisses and tons of chocolate cookie for you all.

Bye bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment