Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Inspired Art #1 - Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Hello, hello~

Despite of what the title says, this is my second Movie Inspired nail art. The first one was for Thor: The Dark World. I'm such a hardcore fan of Marvel...

Anyway, there's not much to say about this one. It's simple, easy and I really liked how it turned out.


Starting with the thumb, we have Steve Roger's Shield. It was supposed to be a rendition to his new suit, the dark blue one he was using at the beginning of the movie, but things happened with the nail polish I used as a base and then I decided to do the shield instead.

Next is Sam Wilsons suit. This is the comic/cartoon version, not the one he used in the movie, since I like this one better.I painted a bright red base and then using scotch tape I coved half of the nail forming a V shape. Then, with stripping tape I created another thing V shape a couple of milimeters on top. Applied a coat on white polish on top, removed the tape and that's it.

In the middle finger we have the Winter Soldier's arm.This one is really simple. A silver base with a red star on top. This is the easiest way to draw a star. If you mess up a little, you just have to keep redoing the lines to correct it.



In the ring finger we have Nick Fury, because he is a very important part of the movie. I could have done Shield's logo, which I love by the way, but I thought Fury's eyepatch would be a more... suitable desing to make.

And finally, Natasha Romanoff's logo. The easiest way to do it would be doing an X shape and then conecting the lines, but at the end it won't look like her logo. So you have to do two trianged joined by the tips. If you start doing the horizontal lines first and then the diagonal ones, it's going to be easier.


 Here's a close up of the thumb. It looks terrible, especially the star, but at least reminds me of the shield so it's ok.


All in all, I really like the desing and I'm sad I couldn't wear it for the premiere of the movie.

Spoiler Alert: Next Marvel Inspired Design will be for A) The Amazing Spider-Man 2 or B) X-Men: Days of Future Past.

Until next time~

No comments:

Post a Comment