Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Independence Day

Hello There!


I'm just going to laugh in shame at this one because this is one of the oldest designs that I didn't have the chance to post in due time. This was for the Domincian Independence Day in 2014. Yep, that far back. 

What you see here is the final result of an idea that was too messy and didn't end as I planned. But hopefully I could save the mani and create this cute design inspired in my flag. It's a little bit messy but at that time I didn't have the correct tools to create something more neat. 



Sólo voy a reir en vergüenza dado que este es uno de los diseños más antiguos que no tuve la oportunidad de publicar a su debido tiempo. Este fue para el Día de la Independencia Dominicana en el 2014. Síp, así de lejos.

Lo que ven aquí es el resultado final de una idea que era demasiado desastrosa y no terminó como lo planeé. Pero por suerte pude salvar la manicure y crear este lindo diseño inspirado en mi bandera. Es un poco desordenado pero en ese momento no tenía las herramientas correctas para crear algo más pulcro.




For this design I used:

  • Apple Red, White and Royal Blue Polishes. 
  • Tiny Rhinestones.
  • Shiny Top Coat, also used as adhesive for the rhinestones.
Believe it or not, I did this only with the brush from the polishes. That's why the lines aren't that clear. I painted everything white first and then using the bottle brush I tried to create the squares of colour as similar in size as I could. 

That pinkish tint you see is from a "bed coat" I used. But you can easily leave it like that or use a sheer tint polish in red/pink if you want to.

Para este diseño usé:

  • Esmaltes Rojo Manzana, Blanco y Azul Real. 
  • Pedrería diminuta.
  • Top Coat brilloso, también utilizado como adhesivo para la pedrería.

Aunque no lo crean (ha ha), hice este diseño usando solamente la brocha que viene con los esmaltes. Es por eso que las líneas no son tan claras. Pinté todo de blanco primero y luego usando esa brocha traté de crear los cuadrados de color tan similares en tamaño como podía.

Esa tonalidad rosada que ven es de un "bed coat" que usé. Pero ustedes pueden fácilmente dejarlo así o usar un esmalte transparentoso en todo rosado/rojizo si desean.  




This one is the version I did for one of my sisters. She wanted it matte with only the accent nail being shiny. Hers was more curved and with less rhinestones due to the size of her nails. I think it looks cute nonetheless.


Esta es la versión que hice para una de mis hermanas. Ella lo quería mate, sólo con el acento brillante. El suyo fue más curveado y con menos pedrería debido al tamaño de sus uñas. 



No comments:

Post a Comment